Webinar | Driving Quality Healthcare: Lessons from the Ideal Clinic Initiative in South Africa
“An Ideal Clinic is defined as a clinic with good infrastructure, adequate staff, adequate medicine and supplies, good administrative processes, and sufficient adequate bulk supplies. It uses applicable clinical policies, protocols and guidelines, and it harnesses partner and stakeholder support. An Ideal Clinic collaborates with other government departments, the private sector and non-governmental organisations to address the social determinants of health. Integrated Clinical Services Management is a key focus.” – Ideal Clinic, South Africa.
On Wednesday, February 28th 2018, HFG hosted a webinar to discuss how the Ideal Clinic Programme, implemented by South Africa’s National Department of Health, is systematically improving the quality of care provided in primary health care facilities.
- Jeanette Hunter, Deputy Director General of Primary Health Care, National Department of Health, South Africa
- Pierre Barker, Chief Global Partnerships and Programs Officer, Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI)
- Dr. Shaidah Asmall, Senior Technical Advisor, National Department of Health, South Africa
- Sodzi Sodzi-Tettey, Senior Technical Director, Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI)
- Bob Fryatt, Director, Health Finance and Governance Project, Abt Associates